2.1.07

Hollywood...and all that

....What's happening...?
G.Ford, US President for 2-1/2 years after Nixon's Watergate Affair died and after being taken coast to coast , is finally being buried at the Ford Museum in Michigan.
This reminds me of the Regan funeral, Ronald Regan had a similar State funeral with perhaps even a little more Hollywood drama.

While these affairs are probably in some ways a good thing for the national psyche they do remind me in some way of the Egyptian Kings, Pharaoes or for that matter the funerals of more recent Kings, Queens as well as the Princess Diana.
I'm not sure what I'm saying or driving at with this but on the other hand I think there is or should be a difference comparing these old, former presidents with the sudden death and assassination of J.Kennedy in 63.

Somehow I think far too much is made of the passing of the former heads of state in America today. But so be it.

No comments: