8.5.06

Fraud

This Morning I removed 3 (three) posts from this blog....
I did not remove them in anger, I rarely allow myself to get angry. I did not write them in the first place because of anger being annoyed or god knows what reason. I simply received about 8 of these stupid
communications in my E mail one day and somehow reacted to responding with what I figured is exposure to these illegal schemes. To all future requests for fake money laundering, agency offers, incredible world wide lotto winnings and related garbage:-(

I will henceforth respond as follows:

Name: Fritz Bixler
Address: 19 Division Street, Oshawa Ontario Canada, Postal Code is L1G 5L7
Telephone & Fax Numbers: The fax is switched on when needed and the phone rings far too much for my taste, so therefore if you insist you want to communicate with me, send a letter, give your phone number and I may call you back...or fax you.

Sex: Hard (pun) to believe I would be asked this question. The answer is about twice a week not that this is any of anybodies business. I suspect that the question should be
Salutation: like in Mr. Mrs. Miss it appears the originators of these questions are not too conversant in the english language.
Other items frequently asked for are: Bank and Bank account; Copy of Passport , a few other goodies I can't quite recall at the moment. So, forget all that.

This fraud nonsense is not new. The most common is the Nigeria thing. This used to be in letter/ chainletter form, then faxes and wouldn't you know, now e-mail.

There is in fact so much of this going on, and so many people are milked out of so much money that appropriate warnings are easily available from the web. Just Google fraud and you will see.

No comments: