7.4.14

Ukraine and Russia...

By now,over 365 posts, some of them a bit silly, experimental,opinionated,copied from good sources.
It has been so long ago when I started my first post, I truly can not recall what I had in mind. The first effort 2006,  I believe, Guess I should check this to be sure not that it matters much.

Much has changed in the world since then, and people are in conflict in places that were relatively peaceful just a few years ago.Life being what it is it becomes a bit difficult at times to stay serious. But.

Today it's the Ukraine...the further existence of the G-8 is in doubt, the group is thinking of dropping Russia. Pity. This should not be happening.
In some strange way I actually sympathize with Mr.Putin the Tsar of Russia. His term as president  was over and he found a way of coming back to rule his country, now called the Russian Federation. Probably up to a point this was good for his country and perhaps the world. One has to wonder what would have happened with someone else after Yeltsin ended his term at the top of the newly formed federation based supposedly on democratic principles rather than the iron fisted soviet rulers.




No comments: