4.12.08

Internet Fraud..indeed antivirus2008

...further to my last post,below, a friend now retired but for many years with IBM tells me that this horrible antivirus thing is a fraud sceme by what he calls the Russian mafia...figures...
Lots of information available on these horrible fraud artists if you take a few minutes to google for it... here is another typical complaint by a lady about this nonexisting fraudulent software...:
It appears that this lady somehow is under the impression that she is dealing with a normal business in Northamerica,....live and learn...I made the same mistake.

On May 18, 2008, while reading my e-mail, a popup from what I thought was my Windows Antivirus detactor indicated that my computer was infected with 41 different dangerous viruses, torjans and etc. I closed out my e-mail, and went back to the Windows Antivirus window, only to discover it had expired. Assuming that the popup was from Windows, I open the link to the Software-payment website, still thinking it was coming from Windows, I proceeded to purchase the Antivirus 2008 Software @$49.95, the AlphaWipe Tracks Cleaner 2008 @$34.95 and the Premium Support @$24.95. The purchase was done throught Software-payment.com with my Debt/Credit Card for a total of $110.24. If one does the math, the company also charged a $2.00 processing fee, of which was not mentioned in their Product Information Package. After I filled out the Software's online invoice, which included Name, Phone Number, E-Mail Address and Debit/Credit Card Number, a notation at the bottom of the invoice instructed that I would receive all download information through my e-mail address, of which they did do. The following is their portion of the e-mail I received: (My personal information is omitted)We appreciate you making your order.Product: Antivirus 2008 - 49.95 USDAlphaWipe Tracks Cleaner 2008 - 34.95 USDPremium support - 24.95 USD Site: www.software-payment.com Order Billed As: billinternet.com 8778717412 Order Number: 7164809 Your code for Antivirus 2008 is: a long list of complaint follows here...not needed to repeat ...these circumstance I have only been contacted once, by you, SO I AM MAKING THE FOLLOWING DEMANDS:I WANT MY SUBSCRIPTION CANCELLED AND THE PAYMENT OF $110.24 REIMBURSED TO MY DEBT CARD IMMEDIATELY. YOUR BILLING DEPARTMENT HAS ALL MY INFORMATION ON RECORD, SO THERE SHOULD BE NO NEED FOR ME TO DO ANYTHING FURTHER. Please be assured that I will not recommend that anyone purchase this companies products. Disgruntly Customer,Today is July 10th and I have yet to receive a reply from Robert.Thank you, I hope you can help me ......, Missouri U.S.A.
Antivirus2008 is a corrupt anti-virus tool that is widely promoted as a legitimate security application. In truth, it is nothing more than another scam of the countless army of malware parasites attacking computers via internet, daily. Antivirus2008 (also known as Antivirus 2008) is distributed through malicious websites that sell other fake anti spyware tools as well. Antivirus 2008 presents itself as VistaAntivirus2008 and System Antivirus 2008 as well. All these names hide the same fraud. The most common fabricated report displayed by these malwares is "Halt! Critical System Warning".Antivirus2008 is an unreliable program that displays exaggerated scan results in order to gain a purchase. DO NOT trust this scam and remove Antivirus2008 ASAP if you've been infected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this poor woman obviously is under the impression to be dealing with a legitimate business...she has no idea that these thieves really have nothing to sell, just a fraud sceme to get some money out of unsuspecting and ignorant customers from far away americaécanada etc.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.