6.2.07

worldconcerns


I may throw this post out but at the moment I just feel like making a few notes:-

The astronaut thing...If you wrote a movie script with just a few of the bits and pieces of info emerging out of this Orlando scene, nobody would go to see it....It's just too bizarre. Love triangle, highranking officers, married with kids..43..It's just too hard to believe.

Went to see this Barat thing about a month ago...All that promotion fuss...Junk..A waste of time, the worst of Jewish humor I've ever come across. Do not bother to go and see this movie..Absolute trash.

About my Kennedy post ( my last post, below):
The Germans went wild when he visited Berlin and proclaimed: "Ich bin ein Berliner" . Just clever speechwriting that's all, Kennedy never said that. His line was actually...

" The proudest boast since the days of the Roman Legions is; ich bin ein Berliner".
..Something like that... he was saying that the Roman, soldiers around 20 B.C. or so were proud to be citizens of Rome...And boasted about it...Get it?

I'm writing this blog as Fritz. My name is actually Fred. In fact that's wrong too...My first name is Manfred,( that is German).

About a couple of weeks back I was struck by a sad note. As part of my daily half hour of CNN exposure I learned that one of the 5 young soldiers killed that day was named Bixler. Not a common name I believe. My poor uncle Fritz was wasted as canonfutter in Russia in 1943, he was my mothers younger brother. An older brother at one time or another went to the USA, an immigrant to the new world.
Because of the war the family totally lost contact with this fellow. Could the young soldier with the family name Bixler killed in Iraq be his grandson?
The age of the five American citizen soldiers was between 19 and 21 by the way.

I will comment on the 2.9 Trillion Dollar forecast budget next...As soon as I grasp the enormity of this figure.

No comments: