10.6.06

World troubles....learned nothing


I hesitate using the word war...I seldom get angry ...But, and I suppose it's a good thing that this fellow Al Zar-chickenshit is no longer among the living, can't even recall his name and I hope they don't make a martyr out of him.
Nevertheless, when I see a picture of dead children and the comments collateral damage, well:

I get angry.
I have contemplated long and hard, should I copy this picture . It has been on the tube-news often enough. Then I decided, yes, bring it on, one more time. This is far more vulgar than anything else I can think of.


I still have clearly in my head a picture of two farmers haywagen loads of dead German soldiers. They were not Nazis, just kids drafted for the so called defense of the fatherland by an insane dictator. I was just 7 years old when I stood in front of these 34 young men,young boys some of them stuck in ill fitting uniforms, bloodied bodies limbs missing in a backwoods little village in Franken, Germany.


The picture of these little kids in Iraq evoke a similar feeling, this time caused for far less good reason, but by soldiers of the same supposedly freedom loving nation, two generations later in another foreign land.

No comments: