19.4.06

¡ Hola Amigos! Los Presidentes Americanses..


I've bee told....Several times..That I have a lot of nerve voicing my opinion on the American scene, or heaven forbid I should have some commentary on present or past occupants of the Casa Blanca ( White House).

So, unless I hear a few serious and well founded opinions I will from time to time comment on this subject. Don't expect any substantiating utterances, just my opinion and if you like you may respond or help me to understand And there you are:

Clinton: Intelligent,somehow he missed his opportunity, two terms, the quintessential American, lacking something somehow.

Bush, one term, goofy sidekick Dan. I liked Bush the elder, did his thing with Iraq and I'm not sure what more he could have done. Read my lips, no new taxes did him in I think.

Reagan: I can't figure this man out he settled the air traffic controllers strike, did some house cleaning,not sure I can give him much more credit than that. About a month before the Sovietunion fell apart he referred to them as the evil empire, looks to me like he did not have a clue as to what was happening. Poor intelligence CIA etc., not unusual.

Carter: Wonderful good hearted man, he still is. Probably too soft and for whatever reason indecisive. I think Iran was his downfall. Should have given the Iatola 10 days to release the hostages or rain hell on them. Clearly a situation where force would have been justified.

Ford: Never mind.

Nixon: Great man. He will go into the history books as one of the great American presidents. This man started to communicate with China. Finished the mess in Vietnam which Johnson started.

Johnson: The mess in Vietnam. A lost war. Nothing to be proud of. Poor Hanoi Jane. I still can not figure out why the USA ended up in this French created mess.

Kennedy: Everybody loved this war hero. Strange scene. Conspiracy theories galore. Minute man they called him...occasional movie star exloits. I remember the day he was shot. Sad scene.

I was going th add a few more comments, some other time.

No comments: